Planning for the season is in full motion. Please review some of our updated links:
GLL Membership Meetings:
The GLL Membership Meetings take place on the first Monday of every month at the Nathaniel Greene Community Center. The meetings generally start at 7:30 PM and all are welcome. This is your chance to learn about and contribute to the league.
Opening Day Parade and Ceremony:
The parade is on April 22nd, 2017. Players, families, coaches and friends gather on the Green to prepare at 7:30am, and you will hear from your coach regarding details. The players and coaches march up State Street and wave to the fans lining the street working their way towards the Adams School fields. The ceremony takes place on Field A. Team and player photographs will be taken on this day at Adam's School from 9-11.
Fields and Facilities:
- There is a full service Concession Stand at Adams Fields. Also Men's and Women's bathrooms.
- All other fields have portable toilets but no water or snack facilities. BYO.
- There are two fields at Adams, A (closest to the school) and B (behind Field A).
- There are three fields at Baldwin, A (closest to the road furthest from the school), B (closest to the school) and C (far corner, closest to the woods)
- The field at Calvin Leete is behind the school next to the soccer field
- Bittner has two baseball fields: A (on top of the hill next to the adult softball field) and B (bottom of the hill farthest from parking lot) and two softball fields: C (bottom of the hill left of the lot) and the adult field on top of the hill.
- AW Cox field is behind the school.
Most of the necessary equipment is provided by the league (Catcher’s gear, balls, uniforms). Gloves, cleats, bat, and other gear are purchased by the player.
March 30th – Parent’s Night Out Social – Carson’s on the Green
April 1st – Positive Coaching Alliance Meeting at Community Center, 10AM to Noon
April 1st – Coaching Safety Clinic at the Community Center, Noon to 1PM (pizza provided to all coaches)
April 1st – Coach the Coaches by the Northeast Clutch at the Community Center, 1PM to 3PM
April 15th – Uniform Pick Up at Community Center, 9AM to Noon
April 17th – Practices and Games start
April 22nd – Opening Day Parade and Ceremony at Adams
May 20th – Yard Goats Clinic, 10AM to Noon
June 3rd – Night at the Yard Goats
June 17th – End of Season Celebration at Adams
We hope that this clears up many of the questions you may have. You can also contact any board member (e-mail addresses are found in the Contacts section) with any other inquiry or concern. Again, welcome to Guilford Little League and see you on the field!!