Planning for the season is in full motion. Please review some of our updated links:
GLL Membership Meetings:
The GLL Membership Meetings take place on the first Monday of every month at the Nathaniel Greene Community Center. The meetings generally start at 7:30 PM and all are welcome. This is your chance to learn about and contribute to the league.
Opening Day Parade and Ceremony:
The parade is on April 21st, 2018. Players, families, coaches and friends gather on the Green to prepare at 7:30am, and you will hear from your coach regarding details. The players and coaches march up State Street and wave to the fans lining the street working their way towards the Adams School fields. A ceremony will take place on Field A followed by games on both the A and B field.
Team and player photographs will be not be taken on Opening Day this year so we encourage everybody to stick around for the Opening Day games.
Fields and Facilities:
- There is a full service Concession Stand at Adams Fields. Also Men's and Women's bathrooms.
- All other fields have portable toilets but no water or snack facilities. BYO.
- There are two fields at Adams, A (closest to the school) and B (behind Field A).
- There are three fields at Baldwin, A (closest to the road furthest from the school), B (closest to the school) and C (far corner, closest to the woods)
- The field at Calvin Leete is behind the school next to the soccer field
- Bittner has two baseball fields: A (on top of the hill next to the adult softball field) and B (bottom of the hill farthest from parking lot) and two softball fields: C (bottom of the hill left of the lot) and the adult field on top of the hill.
- AW Cox field is behind the school.
Most of the necessary equipment is provided by the league (Catcher’s gear, balls, uniforms). Gloves, cleats, bat, and other gear are purchased by the player.
March 3rd – Player Evaluations for AA, AAA and Majors Baseball registrants and AAA and Majors Softball Registrants 10:00am to Noon
March 24th – Positive Coaching Alliance Meeting at Community Center, 10AM to Noon
March 24th – Coaching Safety Clinic at the Community Center, Noon to 1PM (pizza provided to all coaches)
March 24th – Coach the Coaches by the Northeast Clutch at the Community Center, 1PM to 3PM
April 9th – Practices start
April 21st – Opening Day Parade and Ceremony at Adams
April 26th – Softball Clinic/Pizza Party with GHS Softball Coach Steve Zajac and GHS Softball Team (Rain-date May 3)
May 9th – GHS Softball Game vs. Foran HS @ 4:00pm - pizza with the team after the game
May 14th – GHS Baseball game with GLL On-Field Clinic
May 19th – Yard Goats Clinic, 10AM to Noon
May 19th – Photo Day at Bittner Park, Adams MS and Gulford Lakes Elementary School fields
June 2nd – Night @ the Yard Goats
June 9th – Championship Games
June 12th – End of Season Celebration at Adams
We hope that this clears up many of the questions you may have. You can also contact any board member (e-mail addresses are found in the Contacts section) with any other inquiry or concern. Again, welcome to Guilford Little League and see you on the field!!